- Vast mineral deposits of diamonds, slate, pyrophyllite, diaspore, coal, limestone, copper ore and manganese among others
- Sole producer of diamonds in India. Besides, the state is the largest producer of minerals such as pyrophyllite and copper.
- Has Over 60 per cent of the total national reserves of copper ore.
- The thickest coal seam (135 m) of Asia is found at the Singrauli coalfield in the Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major mineral-based industries in the state are cement, thermal power generation, ceramic products, tiles and refractory
- Dimensional stone industries/ stone parks
- Limestone based industries such as cement plants.
- Zinc-lead based industries as well as alloy and super alloy industries
- Coal bed methane utilization for industrial and commercial purposes
- Cutting and polishing units for sandstone
- Diamond Parks
- Silica sand based glass industry
- Thermal power plants
- Copper ore Refineries